Friday 20 November 2020

Skateboarding!

 Hey bloggers, 

Who loves to skateboard? Well I do, and guess what I did today... skateboarding! For our new Kiwi Sports we get to do skateboarding. We have two teachers Ben, and Lawrence. I am going to talk about three things today, the first one is... What was great about the lessons and what was challenging. The next one is, what have we learnt, and the last one is, what have we gained from learning to skateboard. So you better get reading. 

What was great about the lessons and what was challenging?

I really loved getting free time on the skateboards. I like to just ride around and sway. It is also fun to ride with your friends and talk, and laugh when you get a skill wrong. I found crab walks very challenging, I actually can't do the crab walks. But I will keep trying and practising. At first I also found just riding around hard, because there was too much people so I kept on almost getting crashed into.

What have we learnt?

I have learnt how to Tick Tack. Tick Tack is when you put your foot on the bottom of the board, and your other foot on the top, and then you press down on the bottom foot. We also learnt how to do a crab walk, that is when you put your feet on the sides and tick tack. I also learnt all of the parts of a skateboard, and some cool tricks. 

What have I gained from learning how to skateboard? 

I have gained a new really cool skill, that I can do in the weekends.  I have also gained a new way to travel around, I can go skateboarding to the park now. I have learnt to have a growth mindset about skateboarding. I have gained confidence on the skateboard too. 

Anyway bloggers thanks for reading my blog, please enjoy the photos down below. Blog you later!












1 comment:

  1. Hello there, my name is Lyla-Rose and I am a Year 3 in Te Ana Ako at Waikowhai School. I really like the blogpost because it made me think about when I did skateboarding . Have you thought about becoming the master of skateboards? If you would like to see my learning, my class blog is http://wpsteanaako.blogspot.co.nz.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.